Tour of Florence and the Medici
TOUR FLORENCE AND THE MEDICI
Have you ever heard of the Medici family and the great personalities that belonged to them such as Cosimo the Elder, Lorenzo the Magnificent, Giuliano de'Medici, Cosimo I, Francesco I and the other Grand Dukes of Tuscany up to Anna Maria de 'Medici Elettrice Palatina?
In the guided tour of Florence and the Medici you will discover who the Medici were, one of the most powerful and influential families of the Renaissance, how they acquired power, fame and enormous wealth, how they governed Florence at first indirectly and then placed themselves in the head of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany until 1743.
The history of the Medici family will fascinate you with its lights and shadows, its crimes and intrigues. The tour of the Medici in Florence will take you to know how and why the Medici became the bankers of the Popes, extraordinary patrons of artists such as Donatello, Brunelleschi, Michelozzo, Filippo Lippi, Michelangelo, Botticelli and financiers of works of incomparable art and architecture that you will admire with your own eyes!
What you will see
- · Palazzo Medici-Riccardi, the first example of a Renaissance palace (internal visit)
- The Chapel of Palazzo Medici with splendid frescoes by Benozzo Gozzoli from the mid-15th century in which you can recognize the portraits of the Medici and famous people close to them (internal visit)
- The Church of San Lorenzo, the first example of a Renaissance church designed by Brunelleschi
- Brunelleschi's Old Sacristy, burial place of the first MedicimPiazza della Signoria with Palazzo della Signoria (exterior) where the Medici lived in the 16th century
- The Pitti Palace (exterior) which became the palace of the Medici dynasty
- Expert and professional guide
- History, art and architecture tour
TOUR TYPE: PRIVATE
TOUR PRICE: 4 HOURS € 220 + BOOKING AND TICKET PURCHASE SERVICE € 22 per person
AVAILABLE IN DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
DURATION 4 HOURS
DIFFICULTY Suitable for children
MEETING POINT In front of Palazzo Medici Riccardi Florence