Chianti Classico wine tour with lunch in a Tuscan farm
Chianti Classico is certainly the best known Italian red wine in the world and one of the most excellent products of Tuscany.
We owe to Bettino Ricasoli, great winemaker and passionate farmer, the first production of Chianti at the Castello di Brolio estate near Castelnuovo Berardenga (Siena). It was him who found, after numerous experiments in the Brolio vineyards, the right blend for the production of Chianti set in a famous "recipe" written in a letter to a friend in 1872.
Here is the magic formula: Sangiovese 75-90%, Canaiolo 5-10%, Malvasia and Trebbiano 2-5%.
From then on, Chianti reached all corners of the planet. You can't forget the famous fiasco (straw bottle) of Chianti wine on the tables of all the most famous Italian restaurants in the seventies.
Today there are hundreds of Chianti Classico producers, some traditional, others that combine tradition and innovation with a certain amount of experimentation.
Departure from Florence, Siena, Arezzo, Pisa or other Tuscan cities.
You will pass through the splendid hilly landscapes of the Chianti area with its magnificent vineyards, parish churches, castles and medieval villages.
Lunch-wine tasting at the farm in Lamole, on the roof of the Chianti, with products at km 0, walk with explanation of the vineyards and landscapes of Chianti.
Guided tour of the village of Greve in Chianti and one of the most famous butchers in Tuscany to learn the secrets of the "Florentine Steak".
THIS TOUR IS INDICATED FOR: YOUNG PEOPLE, ADULTS, PASSIONATE OF FOOD-WINE-HISTORY, ART, SMALL GROUPS
DURATION: 8 HOURS
PRICE PER PERSON: ON REQUEST
The tour includes
- 8 hour guided tour by professional tour guide and Sommelier on the history, gastronomy and wines of Chianti Classico
- Private family meal on the farm with Tuscan specialties: 4 courses (appetizer, first course, Florentine steak, side dish and dessert) on the farm with tasting of 4 wines,mineral water and coffee
- Walk to Lamole, visit of Greve in Chianti (or Castellina, or Radda) and of Panzano
- RCA insurance for participants
The tour does not include
-All what is not listed under "the price includes"
* We can also offer transportation services from all locations in Tuscany for the Chianti region with the customer's return by car, van or bus.