PIERO DELLA FRANCESCA IN TUSCANY
(2 days/1 night)
This is a fascinating two days tour in the steps of the Renaissance master Piero della Francesca to discover his works in Tuscany and the places where he was born, where he spent his life, towns and which still preserve his most famous and reputed artistic legacy.
Starting from the beautiful city of Arezzo so rich in art and history you would see with a private guided tour leaded by an expert and qualified guide art historian the Piero della Francesca fresco paintings of “The legend of the True Cross”( ticket reservation has to be made in advance) and the old town with the Duomo where the famous Piero della Francesca fresco with “Mary Magdalen” is located. Then the guide will take you to visit a goldsmith workshop who will give you a demonstration of art of making gold jewelleries Renaissance style which is so ancient in Arezzo that it goes back to the Etruscan period (6th C BC).
The tour will continue on the next day with the village of Monterchi famous for the painting “The Pregnant Virgin” left there by Piero della Francesca and Sansepolcro where you would have a private guided tour of the Museum (Museo Civico) to see “The Resurrection”, the polyphtic “The Virgin Mary of Mercy (polittico della Misericordia) and two more fragmentary frescoes by Piero della Francesca. The guide will then take you to see Piero della Francesca’s House in Sansepolcro outside.
The week-end package includes:
- Private car with driver
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast included in a Relais/Historical Villa near Arezzo (1 km off the town walls-10 minutes walking distance from the old town) in a double room with a private bathroom or in a small apartment with a kitchenette, living room and private bathroom
- Welcome drink at your arrival
- 2 half days (3 hours) private guided tours to Piero della Francesca paintings and to the old towns of Arezzo, Monterchi and Sansepolcro with a qualified expert guide art historian
- Museum reservation service
- Museum tickets to Piero della Francesca’s works: (Legend of the True Cross frescoes in Arezzo, The Pregnant Virgin in Monterchi,Museo Civico in Sansepolcro)
- Visit to a goldsmith workshop and demonstration of goldsmithery tecniques